Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Colorado Springs Medical Malpractice Lawyers
We regularly place our lives and those of our loved ones in the hands of medical professionals, confident that they will do all they can to correctly diagnose and treat illnesses, disease and injuries. When that professional fails to follow accepted medical standards and causes injury or death to the patient, it is considered medical malpractice.
The malpractice may come from the medical practitioner’s actions or lack of appropriate action. Examples include:
- failing to appropriately treat a medical condition
- delaying treatment for a medical condition that’s been diagnosed
- misdiagnosing or failing to diagnose a medical condition or disease
Not every mistake in medical diagnosis and treatment means there was malpractice. Some margin for error or certain risks are inherent to practicing medicine. A key element to winning a medical malpractice case is proving negligence and this can be difficult, if not impossible, without the help of an experienced law firm like Heuser & Heuser.
If you or a loved has been injured by a medical professional, you need to contact the Heuser & Heuser law firm right away. We’ve been practicing law in Colorado Springs since 1985 and have helped hundreds of clients here and in Pueblo, Alamosa, the Arkansas Valley, Pikes Peak, and elsewhere on the Front Range recover damages caused by medical malpractice.
We know medical laws that determine your rights and we fight for those rights. Your Heuser legal team works with medical experts and professionals to evaluate your claim and prepare it as accurately and completely as possible.
When a Doctor Violates a Patient’s Trust
Doctors who treat patients swear to practice medicine ethically by taking the Hippocratic Oath. That oath is a promise that the doctor will treat patients to the best of his/her ability, to the accepted medical standard of care, and, above all, to do no harm to the patient.
As patients, we allow a doctor to cut open our body with a scalpel, so it’s no surprise that doctors are held to such a high standard – poor performance may cost someone his/her life!
Negligent hospitals, doctors or other medical professionals can violate that inherent trust with patients in a number of ways and with tragic results. These include:
- birth injuries – medical mistakes before, during or after labor can lead to birth asphyxia, cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy, hypoxia or other disabilities
- emergency room negligence – failing to accurately assess patients, failing to treat them promptly for stroke, heart attack or other life-threatening conditions or delaying treatment for serious illness or injury
- hospital negligence – patients may be harmed by inadequate staffing, failing to follow infection control measures or safety procedures, or other mistakes
- misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose - including such serious illnesses as heart attack, stroke and cancer
- surgical errors – failing to explain the possible side effects or complications from surgery, leaving instruments or sponges inside the patient, operating on or removing the wrong body part, severing a nerve or causing other injury during surgery
- anesthesia mistakes - inadequate anesthetic or overdose
- medication errors - giving the wrong dose or the wrong medicine altogether, failing to prevent drug side effects or drug interactions that can be dangerous to the patient
Preparing a Medical Malpractice Case
Medical malpractice cases can be very difficult to prosecute and lawsuits are often vigorously defended by specialized defense teams. As a result, medical malpractice cases can also be very expensive.
The Heuser & Heuser law firm will advance you all the costs related to the case. We only get paid if we recover damages for you and/or your loved ones.
Our attorneys and staff have experience in this area and remain aware of the fact that you may be overwhelmed by what’s involved. We will keep you informed as your case develops, and we pride ourselves on being accessible to answer any questions you may have.
When you hire the Heuser & Heuser team, you can leave the details to the experts and spend your time and energy getting your life back to normal.
Contact us today for free and get started on your case!